Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The hilarious things children say: (Italian edition)

Deviating a bit from my usual travel posts I thought I'd bring you a few nuggets of gold that I've heard over my last while as an English teacher here in Italy. Most of the humorous conversations I have I usually record for your reading pleasure/pain. Some of these are pure genius.

*all this conversation was in Italian*
Little boy: Hello English teacher!
Me: Hello!
Little boy: Do you know how to speak Italian? Or do you speak only English?
Me: I don't speak any Italian. I only know English.
Little boy: Okay! Sorry! I'll see you later!
Me: See you later!
*the little boy proceeds to walk down the hall and only when he's nearly at the far wall realizes that I answered him in Italian. Then he just stopped and kept staring at me with a confused/frustrated face.*
Gotta' love tiny humans. 

*Another gem from teaching children. I was speaking English, she was speaking Italian*
Little Girl: Where are you from? Like, really?
Me: I'm from Ireland.
Little Girl: I don't think so. I heard you speaking Italian with the teacher.
Me: ... I learned it in school. I am from Ireland, I only know a little Italian.
Little Girl: No. I heard your accent, you're from the North.
Me: Okay, you got me. I'm from Veneto.
Little Girl: I knew it! Your English is really good, you almost fooled me. However your accent in English isn't good though, maybe you should practice more
Me: Thank you.. I guess..
I got trolled, while trolling. ‪#‎nextlevel‬

As you may recall I said that if another Italian person said I was really tall I would tell them I made a pact with the Devil. Well today... a child said it...
Little boy: You're really tall.
Me: Yeah... I know.
Little boy: How are you so tall?
Me: I asked the Devil.
Little boy: ... Can I do it too.
Me: Sure, just call him!
Little boy: My mom doesn't let me make international calls.
Somebody give me adoption papers for this kid right now!





No comments:

Post a Comment